How Does the Mirror Work?
The Mirror is simple, easy to use and is controlled using your smartphone. Just flip on the power switch on the bottom of the Mirror and wait for the logo to appear on the display. Then, open the app to make sure the Mirror is properly connected to your phone’s Wi-Fi. If it ever disconnects, an icon appears in the upper-right corner of the screen to let you know.
There are five tabs to choose from: home, classes, live, progress and settings.
- Home lets you find recommended classes based on your profile.
- Classes has all the options for on-demand workouts, including barre, boxing, cardio, chair, dance, kickboxing, Pilates, pre/postnatal exercise, strength, stretch, toning and yoga.
- Live gives you the schedule for all the live classes.
- The progress tab lets you check on your weekly stats, workout log and workout goal progression.
- The settings tab helps you connect to your Mirror, the Bluetooth heart rate monitor and more.
With the Mirror, you get access to certified trainers from the country’s top fitness instructors who provide motivation and live feedback. They use real-time optimization so you can get maximum results quickly with adjustments during your workouts based on your goals, preferences and personal profile. You can also choose your own customized playlist during the workout!
Affordable Alternatives to the Mirror
If you’re not willing to pay that much for workout equipment, I have some other options that will make you sweat for less. Not all are as fancy as the Mirror, but they’re still effective!
Echelon Reflect Smart 40″ Fitness Training Mirror – $999 at Amazon
The Echelon Reflect is a new kind of fitness technology product that redefines what it means to work out with your very own personal trainer. View your reflection onscreen as your trainer guides you step-by-step to ensure your form and technique is accurate for the best results possible. Plus, you can compete with friends or challenge your previous results.